Change it up this valentines, get creative and be you.
1. Instead of fighting the crowds at restaurants make it more intimate and have a picnic at home. If you don't want to cook order in.
2. Instead of spending too much on a gift, make your own. Both of you write down on pink and purple hearts (purple for him and pink for her) 14 things that you love about your partner. Take turns picking from the jar and reading them out loud to one another. Its thoughtful and a great way to hear how much your partner likes being with you.
3. Choose an outfit that's cute and comfy. Better yet grab a shirt from his closet, pair it up with skinny jeans, go light on the makeup and you will come out looking easy, breezy and beautiful.
4. Tie blankets from the ceiling and throw pillows on the floor; create a romantic getaway right next to the fireplace.
5. Candles are the easiest way to illuminate the room and bring a heavenly glow to your night. oh and its super cheap. Do it, it makes everything better.
6. Bake together. Cooking together brings connection, and the best part is, when its all said and done you get to enjoy the hard work together. Dessert anyone?
7. The most important thing to make your valentines night a success is being confident with who you are and what you bring to the relationship. Someone that likes who they are and can laugh at themselves is the most attractive quality that one can possess. The one you love choose to be with you on this designated love day, remember that...you are the one they love.
Now to all the single ladies, like myself, I'd say bring on the picnic, just throw out the boyfriend shirt because its probably an ex's and well that just depressing.
Love is the greatest gift ya'll...